French Silk Pie
Write a review
- 1 C. Organic red palm Shortening
- 1 ½ C. powdered sugar
- ½ square bitter chocolate
- 2 squares semi- sweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 9” pie crust
- Whip cream or whipped coconut cream for topping
- 3 C. Paleo all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Grain Free baking powder
- 1 C plus 2 tsp Red palm shortening
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 C Water
- 1 TBSP Vinegar
- Cream red palm shortening and powdered sugar.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Mix melted chocolate with the sugar mixture.
- Add eggs 1 a time, beating on high for 5 minutes after each egg is added (This is a very important step, will have a flat pie if you don't do this step properly).
- Pour into a baked pie shell and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, blend the flour, salt, baking powder and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg, water, and vinegar together in a small bowl or measuring cup and stir into the flour mixture.
- The dough may be used immediately or held and refrigerated for up to two days.
- To roll out dough, dust the counter with paleo flour, using no more than needed to prevent sticking.
- Flatten the dough and roll out using even strokes from the center outward in all directions. It should be a uniform circle of approximately 1/8" thick. Lift the dough frequently to avoid sticking.
- To lift the dough without breaking, roll it carefully around a rolling pin. Allow the dough to drop into the pie pan, pressing it to the edges without stretching the dough. There should be no air bubbles between the dough and the pie pan.
- Trim the excess dough that hangs over the edge of the pie pan by cutting with a sharp knife along the edge while pressing the dough at the rim.
- Make a raised edge by placing one finger against the inside of the crust and using the thumb and index finger of the other hand to press the crust around the first finger. Continue this process around the rest of the crust.
- The crust is now ready to bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
The Primal Lifestyle Guide https://theprimallifestyleguide.com/